Isthmian Premier Division Sat 13 October The Crucial Environmental Stadium
  • Ajiboye (76')
  • Kealy (32')
  • Parsons (90')
  • Buchanan (41')

The Reds were without the services of the suspended Danny Barker but welcomed the return of Zack Newton. Ricky Aguiar swapped places with man-of-the-moment, Joe Clarke.

Ollie Pearce fired inches wide with a low, driven shot from twenty yards, after seven minutes, as a bumper crowd enjoyed the glorious weather, as well as the on-pitch fare.

While, at the other end, last season’s Premier Division Golden Boot winner, Elliot Buchanan, came agonisingly close to opening his account in this encounter, as he watched his left-footed curler hit the crossbar, from just outside the area.

It was Buchanan again, who had the next opportunity to break the deadlock, when he headed fractionally wide from Shaun McCauley’s delivery.

That being a rare moment of excitement, as pens and twitter accounts had lain dormant for the preceding ten minutes.

The tapping of keyboards could be heard once more, marginally past the half-hour mark, as Callum Kealy touched home Pearce’s near post cross, to edge the home side in front.

The former Bognor striker then almost had a hand in extending the advantage, by heading Aguiar’s corner into the danger-zone, where Newton wasn’t quite able to get a significant touch.

Five minutes before the break and the visitors pulled level, with Buchanan flicking his header past a scrambling Relf and a sliding Colbran. The ball sneaking in at the far post.

The second half started with Kingstonian’s tails up and Lucien came close to giving them the lead, only for his shot to loop up off Aguiar and out for a corner, that came to nothing.

Shortly after that, every red-blooded male supporter in the ground winced and crossed their legs, in a collective show of solidarity, as Tyler Brown took an almighty whack to his nether regions, that kept him down for a good few minutes, until he was replaced by Andy Musungu.

After the tears had dried, Joel Colbran headed an Aguiar flag-kick wide ,before the latter had a go himself and the former, put in a last-ditch, sliding challenge to stop his team going behind, as K’s kept themselves very much in the game.

With the match action hotting-up like the weather, Ollie Pearce saw his shot loop up off Jay Gasson and go out for a corner, that was headed narrowly wide by Colbran, from Ovenden’s dead-ball delivery. Before Ovenden’s effort produced a similar outcome, from Crane’s free-kick.

As we entered the final fifteen minutes, a delightfully-worked team-goal, that was started by Colbran finding Newton who, in turn, played an inch-perfect pass to David Ajiboye and his powerfully-struck, low shot nestled in the far side of Sam Mason’s net, put the men in red, in front.

Into the last ten and Pearce put in a lovely cross that saw substitute, Will Miles, send his header agonisingly over the bar, by a hair’s breadth.

While debutant, Relf may have been slightly disappointed at being beaten earlier, he showed just why he’s seen as one to watch, by producing a fine late save to deny Louis Theophanous, at point-blank range, before Crane too denied him, as he bravely blocked his follow-up.

As the clocked ticked over into stoppage time, Alex Parsons came up with a carbon-copy of the second goal, only this time, the ball went in off the far post, to seal victory, on Non-league Day.