Isthmian Premier Division Sat 16 February The Crucial Environmental Stadium
  • Pearce (8', 43', 54', 82')
  • Kealy (90')
  • Pattenden (87')
  • Starkey (30')
  • Clarke (57')
  • Poku (67')
  • Price-Placid (20')

Joe Clarke swapping places with Josh Gould and Jas Pattenden returning to the squad in place of English Colleges hopeful, Dylan Jelley were the only differences from the Potters Bar draw.

An early burst of pace by Kwame saw him twist and turn his way past JJ Da Cruz and Taylor Hastings, forcing new boy, Manny Udoji into conceding a corner, in the opening few minutes.

It only took a total of seven for Pearce to open the scoring, when he took down a long ball by Ricky Aguiar and drove it low past Josh Bexon, just inside the area.

Adubofour-Poku then teamed up with Zack Newton to present Jesse Starkey with an opportunity, which was blocked. While, up the other end, Matt Foy couldn’t manage to get on the end of Reece Price-Placid’s right wing cross.

Some Kamikaze defending at a flag-kick gifted the aforementioned RPP the chance to level the scores and he duly obliged, by driving low past Perntreou, into the bottom corner, from the eighteen yard line.

Clarke got himself in the way of Tom Hitchcock’s attempt and Jalen Jones deflected Da Cruz’s shot behind before Starkey landed his effort on the roof of the net, in a game that gave no indication of the drama that was to unfold.

A surging run down the left by Foy, took him past Clarke but his delivery across the face of goal went unpunished.

Aguiar played forward to Parsons, whose delightful backheel released Pearce into the box, only for him to get under the ball and scoop it over the bar.

Some quick thinking by Kwame lead to him taking a free-kick, in front of the away dugout, quickly that allowed Starkey to advance towards to the penalty area. Although he “gave up” about thirty yards out and unleashed an absolute screamer into the top corner instead !

It was clearly too much for some, as Bexon and Udoji exchanged angry words in a brief confrontation.

Starkey gave them some more food for thought, when a move that started in the centre circle with Kwame setting Zack clear, resulted in his shot being blocked in the box.

Two minutes before the break and Da Cruz’s foul on Kwame gave Pearce the opportunity from a set-piece, in a central position, just outside the ‘D.’ The number ten made the Harlow defender pay for his error, by firing through the “wall” and past the despairing dive of Bexon.

Seconds after the resumption, Foy lobbed onto the roof of KP’s net, with Laurence Vaughan’s head providing the assist, until what became normal service, resumed via the dome of Pearce; who was in the right place at the right time, to nod home Bexon’s one-handed flap at an Aguiar corner, which had been caused by Clarke meeting the delivery with his head in the first place.

A near-identical fourth goal soon followed, as this time, Aguiar’s flag-kick went all the way over to Ross Edwards past the back post and his pull back was met by Clarke.

Newton was denied by a block in the box – Kwame’s backheel setting him up – and confusion caused by a long throw, then a corner, gave Hitchcock a sight of goal that was kept out by trio of red shirts.

Hat-trick hero Pearce helped set up the host’s fifth with a burst through the middle and pass out to Kwame, on the right. The precocious talent ghosted past Hastings and swept past Bexon.

Substitute, Harry Watkins played in Hitchcock, whose initial touch forced him wide and he was only able to chip safely into Kleton’s hands, as the visitors refused to give up.

Parsons was presented with a slightly awkward opportunity, thanks to Pearce’s left-sided surge and ball to the back stick, that he couldn’t quite connect cleanly with and more tricky footwork by Kwame, saw him bamboozle Yannick Kissi, only to see the danger cleared by Udoji.

Ollie’s next sorte down the left, came in the form of the forward himself coming in off that side and, once he’d made his way along the edge of the area, drilling a low, powerful attempt into Bexon’s bottom right-hand corner.

Worthing’s three subs then combined, as Darren Budd found Callum Kealy on the right and his subsequent ball in was finished with aplomb by the returning Pattenden.

Buddy dragged wide, Bexon denied Starkey – after he’d played a one-two with Parsons – and a kind rebound saw James Crane get in a shot ahead of Kealy but, Bexon was there again.

The scoring was finally completed when Pattenden streamed forward on the left and slid in Kealy, who went round the beleaguered Bexon and, despite the relatively close attentions of Udoji and Da Cruz, was able to find the far side of the Harlow net.