Here's Five Facts on Corinthian Casuals Football Club ahead of our Away fixture on Monday 22nd April 2019. Did you know..?
1. The newly merged club only played one game before the outbreak of World War Two; in the grounds of Lambeth Palace.
2. 1983-84 was a mixed season, in so far as they had their best run in both the The FA Cup (jointly) and FA Vase but ended the campaign “unceremoniously thrown out ” of The Isthmian League, due to new ground-sharing rules.
3. King George’s Field, their present home, features a main stand that started off life with seats from Plough Lane (Wimbledon), Champion Hill (Dulwich Hamlet) and Westleigh Park (Havant & Waterlooville.)
4. The actor, Alan Wheatley was born in Tolworth, where the club reside. In 1964, he became the first person to be killed by a Dalek in Doctor Who.
5. Naturalist, Richard Jefferies has links to both Towns; he resided at number 2 Woodside Villas in 1877 and is buried in Broadwater Cemetery (Carnegie Road side.)