Here's Five Facts on Corinthian Casuals Football Club ahead of our Away fixture on Monday 22nd April 2019. Did you know..?
- Mfula (64')
- Clarke (88')
1. The newly merged club only played one game before the outbreak of World War Two; in the grounds of Lambeth Palace.
2. 1983-84 was a mixed season, in so far as they had their best run in both the The FA Cup (jointly) and FA Vase but ended the campaign “unceremoniously thrown out ” of The Isthmian League, due to new ground-sharing rules.
3. King George’s Field, their present home, features a main stand that started off life with seats from Plough Lane (Wimbledon), Champion Hill (Dulwich Hamlet) and Westleigh Park (Havant & Waterlooville.)
4. The actor, Alan Wheatley was born in Tolworth, where the club reside. In 1964, he became the first person to be killed by a Dalek in Doctor Who.
5. Naturalist, Richard Jefferies has links to both Towns; he resided at number 2 Woodside Villas in 1877 and is buried in Broadwater Cemetery (Carnegie Road side.)