1. The club are celebrating 90 years of playing at Hartsdown Park in 2019 – not withstanding three years ground-sharing between 2003 and 2005, amid failed regeneration plans – but they actually played at what became the famous Dreamland Amusement Park, prior to moving to their present location.
2. Another landmark moment this year is 70 years of wearing the familiar blue and white kit; although it was black and white (stripes) that they’re believed to have started running out in.
3. The Libertines aren’t the first band to lend their name to the club by way of sponsorship, as Bad Manner’s front man, Buster Bloodvessel did a similar thing in the late 1990’s. Except that he joined the board of Directors too !
4. The longest serving Manager in the club’s history is Almer Hall, who was in charge from 1950 until 1970.
5. John Keister became the first international player to win caps for his country whilst with The Blues. He gained two for Sierra Leone, against Nigeria and Morocco in World Cup qualifiers before going on to manage the side in two