1. Terry White set a new club goalscoring record for most goals in a season at the turn of the millennium – 32. A total that was equalled by Frannie Colin in 2017-18.
2. Their heyday, in terms of trophies won, came in the nineteen thirties; 4 Southern Amateur League Division One Titles, 2 Sussex Senior Cups, 1 RUR Cup and an AFA Senior Cup, along with two further appearances in the final of the Senior Cup.
3. Starting life as Rock-a-Nore, in 1893, they became founder members of the Sussex County League in 1920 – playing home games at The Pilot Field – but by 1921 were known as Hastings and St Leonards.
4. Originally called The Pilate Field, the land that has developed into Hastings’ ground dates back to at least 1560 and refers to the pilled oats that once grew there.
5. There also used to be a Hastings United in New Zealand that started out in 1947, only to eventually fold in 1980.