Isthmian Premier Division Tue 29 October Pakex Stadium
Potters Bar
  • Craddock (17')
  • Meekums (8')

Alex Parsons came in at right-back for Fin Stevens and Marvin Armstrong did likewise for Callum Kealy up front; with Jalen Jones not in the sixteen and Joel Colbran suspended.

The first chance of the evening produced it’s first goal, as a beautifully clipped ball from Lloyd Dawes, over the top of the Potters Bar defence, was latched onto by Reece Myles-Meekums who promptly struck low, across the ‘keeper and just inside the far post.

He nearly had a second a few minutes later, after Dawes blocked George Quarrington-Carter’s clearance and presented him with the opportunity. However, this time, R’avan Constable was equal to his effort.

Worthing then suffered a case of déjà vu, as George Craddock’s right-wing corner sailed over a crowded six-yard box and into the opposite side of the net, for the equalizer.

Armstrong found himself in a decent position shortly after but got his angles all wrong, in a wild cross-cum-shot that ended up nearer the next town than anywhere else.

An injury to Scholar’s netminder, Constable held play up for a brief spell before he was able to continue following treatment.

After the enforced break, Imedd Kartita drifted inside off the right flank, only to drag his attempt from a central position the wrong side of the upright.

A quickly-taken free-kick in the centre-circle, with Constable off his line, may have a seemed a good idea at the time but Lloyd’s intentions weren’t met with a happy outcome.

Another Craddock corner caused the visitors more problems but, fortunately, a goal-kick was the end result.

Danny Barker’s enforced withdrawal, late in the opening period, meant an additional seven minutes, altogether, which saw both teams have chances to go into the interval with the advantage.

Potters Bar had two of them; the first when Andy Lomas gained possession in the inside-left channel, advanced but could only fire at Carl Rushworth.

The second, concluded with Ben Ward-Cochrane flicking a header over the bar, after Craddock’s creativity on the right.

Finally, Meekums shot straight at Constable, when he should have done better, following Armstrong’s tenacity to win the ball by the right-hand side corner flag, then a pull-back to his teammate upon reaching the penalty area.

Two marauding runs down the left, early in the second half, by Ward-Cochrane and Lomas respectively, both led to dangerous-looking deliveries, although nobody managed to get on the end of them.

In between times, a weak clearance by Constable was met with an equally weak finish from Dawes.

Midway through the half, good hold-up play by our number seven gave Armstrong a shooting opportunity but he just couldn’t get the ball out of his feet to do so. Eventually, Parsons blasted over the top.

Rushworth dealt easily with the hosts’ next attempt before Ryan Young’s byline centre was nodded over the target by Ward-Cochrane, with a little over ten minutes to go.

A neat combination on the right between Josh Hutchinson, Kartita and Young almost bore fruit when the latter’s low cross towards Ward-Cochrane was met instead, by Rushworth.

Craddock released Ward-Cochrane down the other flank moments later and a low, fizzing drive only just missed it’s intended target, via the boot of Kartita.

Body blocking kept a rampant Bar at bay, going into stoppage time, though the final say on a rather “fresh” night in Hertfordshire came through a Dawes “inbox” delivery that evaded everyone’s efforts in forcing home a late winner – again (!)