The fixture is set to be The Reds’ sixth since the suspension of all football due to COVID-19, having most recently defeated Pagham in a 6-4 thriller in the Dave Kew Memorial cup final on Sunday which contributed to their 100% record thus far.
Worthing’s last outing at Culver Road ended in a 3-2 loss to Brighton and Hove Albion under-23s in the semi-final of the Parafix Sussex Senior cup back in March of last season, with Reece Meekums and Aarran Racine getting on the scoresheet.
Tonight’s match is The Mackerel’s second to be played in front of a limited crowd due to Coronavirus restrictions, with Lancing Football Club issuing the following procedures to ensure absolute safety for spectators:
“To ensure that players & coaches have time to arrive & begin match preparations safely, we ask that all spectators arrive from 7pm onwards”:
- This event is ticket-only so please bring your tickets with you via phone/print
- We have changed our entry gates to ensure best use of space & distancing – please enter through the East turnstile by the car park entrance
- Temperature scans will be taken on entry
- Parking in the stadium car park is ‘forward in’ (do not reverse) – once full our stewards will direct cars to other nearby parking in Lancing
- Public toilets are open for 1 at a time use
- The bar will be open selling cold drinks & snacks – an indoor queue system is in place so there will be no indoor seating for now – card accepted
- The servey will be open selling hot & cold drinks (we cannot yet offer hot food) – cash accepted
- Please follow all signage & guidance from stewards on the evening; we’ve ensured that we manage seating & standing to be as safe as possible.