We have been planning for our away matches, as shared transport presents a particular challenge for us all.
The link to the current Government guidance is here:
The Club will be following these guidelines (or any updated requirements when issued.) The biggest difficulty is presented by the two metre or, if unavoidable, 1 metre social distancing in the vehicle – this will reduce the number of people able to use the vehicle (unless of the same household or bubble) so it will make hiring vehicles very expensive.
The Government is also clear about car sharing, stating that you should try not to share a vehicle with those outside your household or support bubble. If you need to do this, try to:
· share the transport with the same people each time
· keep to small groups of people at any one time
· open windows for ventilation
· travel side by side or behind other people, rather than facing them, where seating arrangements allow
· face away from each other
· consider seating arrangements to maximise distance between people in the vehicle
· clean your car between journeys using standard cleaning products – make sure you clean door handles and other areas that people may touch
· ask the driver and passengers to wear a face covering
From these requirements, it is clear to see that it will not be possible to provide a cost effective form of shared transport to away games, in the way that we have done before.
This is frustrating for all of us, but we must put the safety of our fans and players first. We will continue to monitor Government guidance and will provide further updates, as things change.