The Mackerel Men go into the fixture against last season’s FA Cup second-rounders with a 100% record so far since the COVID-19 restart with a victory against Chi already under their belt – a 4-2 win the Dave Kew Memorial cup semi-final on August 8th.
Meanwhile Chichester have enjoyed a prominently successful pre-season thus far, winning the remaining four of their five fixtures aside from the loss against Worthing, with their only other defeat being at the hands of Lancing – of whom the Reds breezed past in their most recent outing by four goals to one.
This evening’s match is Worthing’s second to be played in front of spectators since Coronavirus restrictions were relaxed, and Chichester City have implemented the following protocol to ensure the safety of ticket-holders:
Matchday Safety Procedures
- Supporters will required to check in via the Evepass track and trace app, available on both iOS and Android – please download it prior to attending a match.
- Any supporters without access to a smartphone will be required to complete a form manually and supply their name (one person per party), party size, phone number and email address. Please note it is the responsibility of the supporters attending to carry this out.
- Please do not attend a match if experiencing any symptoms of Coronavirus.
- Hand santisers will be available at the entrance and at various other locations around the ground.
- Only the downstairs clubhouse toilets will be available for use by supporters.
- The outside tea bar will be open for all matches. From the 1/9 onwards it will only be accepting orders via the club2app, which is available to download on the App Store and Google Play Store. Once your order is confirmed head to either the tea hut or bar to collect.
- The bar will be open from tonight’s match with Worthing onwards, with a seated capacity of 100, no standing allowed. As with the tea hut, bar orders will need to be placed via the club2app.