The Mackerel Men go into the fixture currently occupying third place in the table after five matches with a game in hand over second-placed Carshalton and table-toppers Cheshunt.
The Reds have also enjoyed a week without a mid-week fixture – their last outing being a 2-1 defeat of Bowers & Pitsea at The Camping World Community Stadium on Saturday when super sub Mo Diallo netted twice in the second half to overturn a 1-0 deficit.
Meanwhile, hosts Margate haven’t had the best of starts to their season, winning only one of their first six matches which came on the opening day of the season away to Brightlingsea Regent, finding themselves in 17th position.
Last season’s meetings between the two sides resulted in victories for Worthing on both occasions:
Back in August of last year, Worthing ran out 2-0 winners at Hartsdown Park thanks to a spectacular free-kick from Ricky Aguiar, before Danny Barker sealed the win in injury time.
Four months later in December, goals from Callum Kealy and Alex Parsons helped the Reds to a 2-1 win against a 10-man Gate.
The match is to be played in front of a ticket-only, limited-capacity crowd, with Margate Football Club issuing the following safety procedures in light of COVID-19:
“List of Covid rules for safe reopening of Hartsdown Park”
1. Anyone who has been in contact with a person infected with Covid-19 is
not permitted at Hartsdown Park.
2. Anyone who has flu-like symptoms including a fever or a continuous
cough is not permitted at Hartsdown Park.
3. All tickets will need to be purchased online through our Club shop. Please
visit http://www.margate-fc.co.uk/ to purchase your ticket.
4. During capacity restrictions all spectators must have a valid ticket. To this
end, even children under 11 will be required to have a concession ticket
to be allowed access to Hartsdown Park.
5. All supporters are asked to respect social distancing rules, this includes
using the marked standing areas around the ground and not to use any
seats labelled with this sign:
6. Also people are asked to respect distancing markers when queuing.
7. Toilets will be locked at half time. Please make sure you think about this
as they will not be opened until the second half resumes. Reminders will
be announced on the PA system.
8. The main bar will not be open for the first fixture with spectators, all
refreshments will be available from the outside food and beverage
9. Supporters are reminded not to lean on the pitch side fence when visiting
Hartsdown Park. Signs are up around the ground to remind you of this.
10. Please follow the handwashing guidelines when you arrive at the Club.
We also ask that you wash and disinfect your hands before arriving at
11. We politely ask that you Cough or sneeze into a tissue and dispose as soon
as possible or use the crease of your elbow.
12. Please respect any instructions you may be given by MFC Stewards, they
are doing their best to ensure the safe return to HDP for spectators and
“We thank you for your help in ensuring a safe return to Hartsdown Park.”