Worthing Football Club make the short trip across West Sussex to face Pitching In Isthmian League Division One South East side Chichester City in a mid-season friendly this afternoon.
This afternoon’s match is Worthing’s third friendly since the green light was given for non-elite sports to continue after COVID restrictions were lifted, having lost away to Pagham by a goal to nil on Saturday before travelling to Essex on Tuesday to battle out a 2-2 draw which included goals from Ricky Aguiar and Mo Diallo.
Meanwhile, hosts Chichester return to action for the first time since the suspensions in early November occupying 14th place in the Isthmian League South East.
Their scheduled friendly against Baffins Milton Rovers on 3rd December was cancelled, meaning their last outing was a 5-1 victory to Saltdean United in the Sussex Senior Cup.
Worthing and Chichester have also met in two other friendly matches in this prolonged 2020-21 campaign:
On 8th August, the sides met in a behind-closed-doors Dave Kew Memorial Cup semi-final match which ended in a 4-2 victory for Worthing, who went on to win the trophy.
A month later, goals from Tom Chalaye and Ollie Pearce helped the Reds come from behind twice to draw 2-2 at Oaklands Park.
This afternoon’s fixture is to be played under the latest Coronavirus restrictions, with Chichester City FC issuing the following protocols to ensure maximum safety for spectators:
“Football returns to Oaklands Park this Saturday!
Ordering Food & Drink:
- Supporters must wear a mask when queuing at the turnstiles, tea hut and clubhouse if you are not seated.
- Ordering takeaway drinks – Anyone wishing to purchase takeaway drinks from the bar must order on the club2app before entering. Once any alcoholic drink has been collected, it can only be consumed once seated in the one of the stands. Extra seating has been added for this.
- Drinking inside the clubhouse – Anyone wishing to drink alcohol in the clubhouse must purchase food from the tea hut first and bring it into the bar with them. You may then take a seat at a table and order a drink through the club2app.
- After the game – Anyone wishing to stay for drinks after the game must pre-order food through the club2app to collect after the game before you enter the bar. Orders must be placed before end of game, any orders placed after the game will be refused.
- Please ensure in the notes part of your order you put to collect after the game.
- Unfortunately anyone found not following the above procedures will be refused further service at the bar.