Worthing Football Club are looking for a Venue Manager to optimise revenue and profit from the bars, kitchens and all-other assets at the club.
Worthing Football Club hosts over 2,000 visits to its venue every week. On match days the club enjoys an average gate close to 1,000, which sits in the top 5 of all Step 3 clubs in England.
The club sits in a strong population catchment of 110,000 and a large business community, presenting substantial opportunity for the club to establish itself as a full time, National League club.
A key driver of this ambition is revenue growth. In addition to its wider sponsorship strategy, the club has several venue-based assets with real revenue growth opportunities including its bars, meeting rooms, kitchens, and a brand new 3G all-weather pitch. The venue manager will take full ownership for the monetisation and management of these assets and play a key role in helping the club realise its footballing ambitions.
We are currently looking for someone to optimise revenue and profit from the bars, kitchens and all-other assets at the club. You will achieve this with a safe working environment, well trained and highly motivated staff, a high-quality customer experience and highly effective commercial and operational management.
The venue will operate 7 days a week with operational peaks and troughs including match days, club training evenings, private weekend functions, weekday community events and private pitch hire.
- Managing revenue, cost of sales, margin, operating costs and profit
- Health and safety compliance
- Creating an excellent customer experience
- Creating and implementing sales & marketing plans and promotions to drive future bookings
- Managing all bookings for events and liaising with clients to determine event requirement
- Preparing venue hire packages, pricing options and negotiating with clients
- Conducting stock takes, stock turn and ordering stock as and when required
- Cash management and controls
- Establishing positive working relationships with external suppliers and account managers
- Management, scheduling and development of all hospitality staff
- Recruitment, retention and training of all hospitality staff
- Annual budget preparation and quarterly forecasting
- Financial management reporting (KPI’s)
- Managing the cleaning, maintenance and repairs for all hospitality venues at the club
- Supervising the operations of all events and tending to any incidents or queries
- Managing all administrative tasks such as booking schedules and invoicing
- Communicating and enforcing all safety & security regulations and protocols
- A minimum of 2 years’ experience as a venue or bar manager
- Strong knowledge of bar products and promotions
- A strong commercial operator with a clear focus on profit and above budget delivery
- Experience and understanding of the budgeting process and P&L management
- Strong leadership skills and somebody who leads by example
- Track record of creating a warm and welcoming customer service experience
- Extensive promotion and marketing experience
- Sound knowledge of safety measures and risk management strategies
- Experience of developing and managing a highly motivated and successful team
Key Personal Characteristics
- Highly organised and able to work with autonomy
- Results driven and wanting to be the best
- Strong attention to detail
- Highly motivated with drive and initiative
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Strong negotiation skills
- Positive mental attitude at all times
Apply Now with
David Cocoracchio | Head of Commercial