Worthing Football Club hosts over 2,000 visits to its venue every week. On match days the club enjoys an average gate close to 1,000, which sits in the top 5 of all Step 3 clubs in England.
The club sits in a strong population catchment of 110,000 and a large business community, presenting substantial opportunity for the club to establish itself as a full time, National League club.
A key driver of this ambition is revenue growth. In addition to its wider sponsorship strategy, the club has several venue-based assets with real revenue growth opportunities including its bars, meeting rooms, kitchens, and a brand new 3G all-weather pitch. The venue manager will take full ownership for the monetisation and management of these assets and play a key role in helping the club realise its footballing ambitions.
We are currently looking for someone to optimise revenue and profit from the bars, kitchens and all-other assets at the club. You will achieve this with a safe working environment, well trained and highly motivated staff, a high-quality customer experience and highly effective commercial and operational management.
The venue will operate 7 days a week with operational peaks and troughs including match days, club training evenings, private weekend functions, weekday community events and private pitch hire.
- Managing revenue, cost of sales, margin, operating costs and profit
- Health and safety compliance
- Creating an excellent customer experience
- Creating and implementing sales & marketing plans and promotions to drive future bookings
- Managing all bookings for events and liaising with clients to determine event requirement
- Preparing venue hire packages, pricing options and negotiating with clients
- Conducting stock takes, stock turn and ordering stock as and when required
- Cash management and controls
- Establishing positive working relationships with external suppliers and account managers
- Management, scheduling and development of all hospitality staff
- Recruitment, retention and training of all hospitality staff
- Annual budget preparation and quarterly forecasting
- Financial management reporting (KPI’s)
- Managing the cleaning, maintenance and repairs for all hospitality venues at the club
- Supervising the operations of all events and tending to any incidents or queries
- Managing all administrative tasks such as booking schedules and invoicing
- Communicating and enforcing all safety & security regulations and protocols
- A minimum of 2 years’ experience as a venue or bar manager
- Strong knowledge of bar products and promotions
- A strong commercial operator with a clear focus on profit and above budget delivery
- Experience and understanding of the budgeting process and P&L management
- Strong leadership skills and somebody who leads by example
- Track record of creating a warm and welcoming customer service experience
- Extensive promotion and marketing experience
- Sound knowledge of safety measures and risk management strategies
- Experience of developing and managing a highly motivated and successful team
Key Personal Characteristics
- Highly organised and able to work with autonomy
- Results driven and wanting to be the best
- Strong attention to detail
- Highly motivated with drive and initiative
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Strong negotiation skills
- Positive mental attitude at all times
Apply Now with
David Cocoracchio | Head of Commercial