Worthing Football Club hosts over 2,000 visits to its venue every week. On match days the club enjoys an average gate close to 1,000, which sits in the top 5 of all Step 3 clubs in England.
The club sits in a strong population catchment of 110,000 and a large business community, presenting substantial opportunity for the club to establish itself as a full time, National League club.
We are looking for professional, high-energy bartenders with excellent communication skills and knowledge of the menu to work behind the bar here at Worthing FC. The bartender will greet customers, learn about their preferences, answer questions, and serve customers. Applicants should be well presented, engaging, friendly and personable. You should also be efficient, observant, knowledgeable and have a desire to deliver excellent customer service.
The venue will operate 7 days a week with operational peaks and troughs including match days, club training evenings, private weekend functions, weekday community events and private pitch hire.
WHAT WILL YOU BE DOING? AS BAR STAFF YOU’LL…
- Greet, serve, and look after our guests so they go home happy.
- Maintain the highest standards of cleanliness and safety.
- Work with our team to create a friendly atmosphere our guests will love.
- Be a champion of brand standards.
- Checking identification to ensure customers are the legal age to purchase alcohol.
- Know the menus inside out, making recommendations to our guests.
- Handling cash, credit, and debit card transactions, ensuring charges are accurate and returning correct change to patrons, balancing the cash register.
- Maintaining a clean work area by removing rubbish, cleaning tables, and washing glasses and equipment.
WHAT DO I NEED?
- Have a passion for hospitality.
- Have a great eye for detail.
- Always give great service.
- Be a fun-loving, social, team player.
- Must be of age to serve alcohol.
- Availability to work nights, weekends, and holidays.
- Positive, engaging personality, and professional appearance.
- Basic maths and computer skills.
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills.
- Strong task and time management abilities.
Full and part-time positions available.
Expected start date: ASAP
Salary: £9 an hour
Kay Newman | Venue Manager