Worthing FC have recently achieved promotion to the National League South (Step 2) and are looking to add to their sports medicine department. We are looking for a Physiotherapy / Sports Therapy / Sports Rehabilitation student to join the team and help support the players.
They will also be supported throughout their placement by the lead physiotherapist. This includes teaching sessions, opportunities to practise practical skills and clinical reasoning.
They will have the opportunity to work with the first team, women’s team, and academy.
Although predominantly an unpaid role, there will be financial opportunities during the internship for providing pitch-side cover and clinics.
The role would be most appropriate for a final year student looking to add to their experience and placement hours.
The placement will run from pre-season to the last game of the season (July-May). It is possible for students to share this placement if desired.
- Assist the Lead Physiotherapist in the delivery of clinic and gym-based physiotherapy treatments to the Men’s, Women’s and Academy sides.
- Administer treatment programmes and perform basic clinical assessments under instruction or supervision.
- Assist on match days with both pre-match preparation and pitch side injury management.
- Assist lead physiotherapist with documentation and record keeping in accordance with departmental standards.
- Assist in pre-season testing and screening.
- Currently studying or recently graduated from a BSc Physiotherapy / Sports Therapy / Sports Rehabilitation.
- Keen interest in working in sport and developing therapy skills.
- Availability on Tuesday and Thursday nights throughout the season. Weekend availability would also be advantageous.
If you are interested in applying, please send an email to email@example.com with your CV attached.