Worthing Football Club hosts over 2,500 visits to its venue every week. On match days the club enjoys an average gate close to 1,250 competing in the National League South.
A key driver of this ambition is revenue growth. In addition to its wider sponsorship strategy, the club has several venue-based assets with real revenue growth opportunities including its bars, meeting rooms, kitchens, and 3G all-weather pitch.
The Duty Manager will be an essential team member and part of a growing number of contracted staff on site reporting into both the General Manager and F&B/Events Manager. This is an exciting time to be part of a growing club.
We are currently looking for a full time Duty Manager with an operational background in leisure or hospitality to drive service and standards at the club. You will achieve this with a safe working environment, driving daily standards through a proactive approach and delivering high levels of customer service.
The venue will operate 7 days a week with operational peaks and troughs including match days, club training evenings, private weekend functions, weekday community events and private pitch hire.
The successful candidate will predominantly be working weekday evenings and weekends to meet current demands and would ideally suit someone with bar experience as this will be very much form the basis of the role.
This is a key holder role so taking the lead during opening and closing procedures will be very much part of the role.
- Bar Operative
- Health & safety compliance (key holder)
- Operational Checks (Premises/Kitchens/Bars)
- Assisting the F&B and Events Manager with club programming/delivery
- Assisting event hirers and promoting a safe and welcoming environment
- Running the main stand bar operation during events and activities
- Booking and liaising with clients to determine event requirement
- Conducting stock takes, stock turn and ordering stock as and when required
- Cash management and controls
- Establishing positive working relationships with external suppliers
- Scheduling hospitality staff
- Managing the cleaning, maintenance and repairs for all hospitality venues at the club
- Supervising the operations of all events and tending to any incidents or queries
- Managing all administrative tasks such as booking schedules
- Communicating and enforcing all safety & security regulations and protocols
- A minimum of 2 years’ experience in a similar type role
- Process driven approach
- Strong knowledge of bar operations
- Strong leadership skills and somebody who leads by example
- Track record of creating a warm and welcoming customer service experience
- Sound knowledge of safety measures and risk management
- Experience of supervising staff and managing day to day operations in similar environment
Key Personal Characteristics
- Highly organised and able to work with autonomy
- Results driven and wanting to be the best
- Strong attention to detail
- Highly motivated with drive and initiative
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Strong negotiation skills
- A positive “can do” attitude
Paul Crane | General Manager