National League South Tue 13 December The Crucial Environmental Stadium
  • Colbran (5')
  • Matsuzaka (59')
  • Ash (30')
  • Rose (83')

The Reds came into the fixture fresh off a week’s recovery after Saturday’s fixture against Dover was postponed just two hours before kick-off.

Visitors Weymouth made their second trip to Woodside in just over a fortnight after thumping Tonbridge Angels 5-0 away from home on the weekend, a result which took them off the bottom of the table for the first time since August.

Adam Hinshelwood made three changes to the side that was beaten 6-0 by league leaders Ebbsfleet last week. Luca Cocoracchio and Sammie McLeod returned to the starting eleven while midfielder Alex Parsons featured for the first time this season.

Club captain Aarran Racine missed out along with Mo Dabre, while Reece Meekums dropped to the bench.

The first chance of the night brought the first goal when Ollie Pearce’s bouncing ball across the box found its way to Joel Colbran in the fifth minute. The full back struck a sweet volley towards Zaki Oualah who got a hand to it but couldn’t stop it from making its way to the back of the net.

Colbran’s strike proved to be the only real highlight of the opening half-hour, with both sides creating no more than half chances in a cagey contest.

On the half-hour mark, though, Weymouth had found their route back into the match. Scott Rees’ strike from just outside the box had travelled some five yards before Cocoracchio put himself in the way. But the defender was adjudged to have used his arm to block it and the referee pointed to the spot.

Brad Ash stepped up for the Terras and brought them level after sending Harrison Male the wrong way.

It was all square at the interval as neither side could create anything of note in the final 15 minutes of the first half.

After the break, it was the Rebels who had the first chance when Joe Rye volleyed over following a corner.

Though it was the away side who swung the momentum in their favour soon after. Keelan O’Connell went close with an effort from distance before Ahkeem Rose struck the post on 56 minutes.

Two minutes later the Terras did go in front when Dan Matsuzaka prodded home following a goalmouth scramble.

The away side continued building pressure after taking the lead. David Sesay with a brilliant dribble starting inside his own half as he took three players out of the game before forcing a good save from Male who parried for a corner.

On 70 minutes, Hinshelwood turned to his bench as Ibby Akanbi and Javaun Splatt were brought on in place of Parsons and McLeod.

Some five minutes later, Dan Bowry replaced Rye who was forced off with a nasty-looking knee injury.

Ash continued to threaten for the away side. On 81 minutes the tricky winger struck the post after an incredible piece of skill on his first touch, flicking the ball from behind him over his own head, had allowed him to get his shot away.

It was just two minutes after when Rose scored a third for Weymouth as the Terras made it five league games without defeat.

A difficult night for the Reds was brought to an end and they will look to put it behind them as they head to Maidstone United on Saturday in the FA Trophy 3rd round.