Location Woodside Road Stadium and remote
Reports to General Manager
Working Hours 40 hours per week, based around attending Mens fixtures during evenings and weekends
Salary £22,000 – £25,000, depending on experience
Media Department, Owner/Directors, Club Secretary, Director of Football, Men’s Manager, Women’s Manager, Players
Local/national media, The National League, Counterparts at other clubs, External agencies/freelancers
Responsible for overseeing the day-to-day running of the club’s media output, ensuring Worthing Football Club and its representatives are portrayed in the wider media as ambitious, professional, current, family-friendly and committed to its community – maintaining the club’s brand, standards and values throughout.
With specific focus, through delivery of a media plan, to support the General Manager in optimising Commercial revenues, fan engagement, match day attendance, and other key operational communications.
- Responsible for overseeing and delivering all of the club’s media content.
- Responsible for managing a small team of volunteers within the club’s media department.
- Report to and liaise with the General Manager to plan the marketing of the club’s commercial avenues – venue hire, events, sponsorship, etc.
- Daily contact with management, players and senior club staff, dealing with a variety of issues, requests and media diary management.
- Ensure and maintain a consistent/high quality content across all the club’s platforms.
- Provide live matchday updates for all Mens fixtures.
- Manage website content, create written articles and ensure information is kept up-to-date.
Skills and experience required
- Experience of working in a media role within a football club at some level.
- Excellent organisation and administration skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent ability to plan but also adapt to working in a fast paced environment.
- Excellent knowledge of social media usage and trends.
- Ability to devise and create exciting and engaging content.
- Full UK driving licence
- A degree related to the role
- Knowledge of design and editing software such as Adobe Creative Suite, or Figma.
- Experience of website content management systems, primarily WordPress.
- Experience of working with Google products, Gmail, Drive, Calendar, etc.
How to apply
To apply please provide your CV plus a covering letter including why you would be the ideal candidate for the role, your previous experience and salary expectations to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
There is no closing date, however we are keen to fill the role as soon as possible so will interview suitable candidates at the earliest opportunity.