National League South Sat 16 March Hardenhuish Park
  • Amadi-Holloway (22')
  • McClure (49')
  • Williams (61')
  • Pearce (74')

The Rebels were looking to rectify their recent home defeats as they were back on the road to take on Chippenham Town at Hardenhuish Park in the National League South. The Bluebirds, placed 13th, came into the fixture off the back of an impressive midweek win against league leaders Yeovil Town.

Aarran Racine made three changes to his side that lost at home to Farnborough last time out. Youngster Brad Dolaghan was rewarded for his performance with a place in the starting eleven, while Cameron Tutt and Michael Klass also returned.

The first half was one of very few chances, but when the first one came it was lapped up by the home side. On 22 minutes, Luke Spokes floated in a corner to which Aaron Amadi-Holloway headed in as he towered above the crowd of players in the box.

As for Worthing chances, their best efforts in the first period were from two Ollie Pearce free-kicks but both were comfortably saved by Will Henry between the sticks for the Bluebirds who held onto a 1-0 lead at the break.

The Rebels made their first change at the break with Nicky Wheeler replacing Joe Rye, but that didn’t stop it going from bad to worse for the Reds at the start of the second half. The hosts’ captain Matt McClure headed in to double his side’s advantage just two minutes into the second period.

Racine made his second change on the hour mark as Finlay Chadwick was introduced in place of Klass. But, moments later it was three, Craig Fasanmade drove down the right flank before picking out Ed Williams who finished well into the top left corner.

The final Worthing substitution was made on 72 minutes when Jake Robinson replaced Dolaghan.

It wasn’t long after when the Rebels got their consolation. Jack Wadham tumbled over under a challenge in the box and the referee pointed straight to the spot. Pearce stepped up and sent the keeper the wrong way as he put an end to his four-match scoring drought.

At the death, Toby Bull made a fantastic save to deny Tom Owen-Evans before Cashman was denied at the other end from close range by Henry. But, ultimately it was a third successive defeat for the Rebels on a miserable day in the West Country.

Next up, Worthing welcome fellow playoff hopefuls Bath City to the Sussex Transport Community Stadium on Sunday, 24th March with the encounter being broadcast live on TNT Sports.