National League South Mon 1 April Sussex Transport Community Stadium
  • Dolaghan (21', 74')
Hampton & Richmond

Two goals from forward Bradley Dologhan were enough for the hosts to make it two wins in three days as they climbed up into fourth and past the 70-point mark with four games left to play.

Manager Aaran Racine was sent off for throwing the ball in the fourth minute of the second half as Worthing cruised to a win in a game of many chances, ending the Beavers’ three game winning run.

The Rebels took the lead in the 21st minute as Ollie Pearce was unable to control a through ball but managed to make up for it by poking the ball to Joe Felix with a recovery challenge who squared for Dologhan to side-foot in from close range.

The remaining 24 minutes of the first half saw few chances for both sides, despite the home side dominating much of the ball. New signing Kodi Lyons-Foster, playing his first home game for the club, nodded wide following a corner in the 22nd minute whilst Dologhan spurned a great chance on the stroke of half time after some great work from Danny Cashman, skipping several challenges before a delicate outside of the football played in his teammate who could only put straight at the keeper.

Visitors Hampton & Richmond rarely threatened the Rebels’ goal, being limited to set-piece chances which the hosts were able to deal with a lot better compared to recent weeks.

The Mackerel men doubled the lead in the 74th minute as Dologhan secured his second following another linkup between Pearce and Felix in which the number 10 turned provider to put the hosts in firm control of the game.

The 1,735 in attendance saw the West Sussex side turn on the style for the remaining 26 minutes where Dologhan looked like he had completed his hat trick after Pearce’s long-range effort deflected into his path, sliding in from close range, only for the linesman to disallow it for offside.

The visitors were unable to build off this decision, until the 84th minute where skipper Joel Colbran attempted to shield the ball in his own box before being pickpocketed, with the away side managing to bundle the ball in. Luckily for Worthing the linesman had his flag up and Hampton were denied a way back into the game.

The Rebels next game is away at leaders Yeovil on Saturday 6th April.