Isthmian Premier Division Sat 15 December The Crucial Environmental Stadium
Haringey Boro
  • Nouble (31')
  • Richards (75')

Before kick-off, home fans were given a boost by the return to fitness of both David Ajiboye and Ollie Pearce, coupled with recalls for Danny Barker and James Crane. Ricky Aguiar was also back in the side, with Sam Rents, Joe Clarke and Jazz Rance on the bench. Will Miles missed out altogether, Taofiq Olomowewe had moved on and Aaron Relf provided goalkeeping cover.

Ajiboye was straight into the action, as he turned inside his marker and laid the ball off for Jesse Starkey to shoot wide of the right-hand post, after five minutes.

The next chance came the way of the high-flying Haringey, as Joel Nouble received a throw-in out on the left and played in the advancing Scott Durojayie, whose shot went just the wrong side of Perntreou’s near upright.

Seconds later and it was back with Borough, who’s Charley Barker almost capitalised on a moment of hesitation by namesake, Danny but KP was there to bail out the defender.

Valery Pajetat then needed a second go at holding on to Starkey’s effort and stop a lurking Ollie Pearce from taking advantage.

Despite the appalling weather, both sides continued to attack and KP had to be alert twice in the space of a few seconds; parrying from Karl Akinwande and keeping out Ralston Gabriel’s follow-up.

A rapid-fire counter-attack eventually lead to Nouble making his way into the penalty area and firing a shot across goal but wide of the far stick.

He then virtually repeated the trick, except this time, after drifting inside Ajiboye, he placed his effort neatly inside the far post to give high-flying Boro’ the lead, after half-an-hour.

Reece Myles-Meekums failed to find the target with a low, weak attempt that comfortably rolled past the target, before Colbran cleared off the line from Nouble’s overhead kick, once Perntreou’s save from Michael O’Donohue’s shot had spun up into the air.
Worthing started the next forty-five minutes looking to restore parity, only for Parsons to snatch at the opportunity and send the ball careering behind.

Pearce almost caught out the ‘keeper, when his cross forced the back-pedalling Pajetat to palm away for a corner. The same set-piece outcome resulting from Aguiar’s long-range stinger a couple of minutes later.

As we reached the hour mark, Akinwande dragged wide as the wind and driving rain only appeared to get worse.

Pajetat then, somehow, denied Myles-Meekums, while the Bromley loanee could only look on, as Pearce came desperately close to an equaliser, with a diving header, as he strained every sinue to try and get on the end of the winger’s right-sided delivery.

Danny Barker cleared the danger from the recently introduced, Anthony McDonald but that only served as a warning that another Haringey goal was on it’s way.

After a bit of penalty box pinball, McDonald’s improvised backheel was kept out by KP, only for a predatory Gabriel to mark his return to the club, by guiding the rebound through the legs of a quick-thinking Mark Kirby and marginally inside the left-hand upright.

With the game approaching the final ten minutes, Borough broke but on this occasion, Gabriel couldn’t keep his shot down.

Captain, David Olufemi, then drew a save, with his legs, from Perntreou at his near post and Charley Barker was unable to get on the end of a fizzing ball into the box.

Home substitute, Hayden Skerry had a go from distance but only straight at a waiting Pajetat, while O’Donohue’s clearance off the line from Starkey, deep into stoppage time, proved to be the last action on a miserable day for the hosts but a great day for the visitors.