Here's Five Facts on Potters Bar Town Football Club ahead of our Home fixture on Saturday 9th February 2019. Did you know..?
- Jones (90')
- Bonnett-Johnson (11')
1. They were founded as Mount Grace Old Scholars in 1960 and became, simply, Mount Grace in 1984, before settling on the present name of Potters Bar Town in 1991.
2. Their turnstiles were acquired from the old Wembley Stadium in 2005.
3. The main stand at The Pakex Stadium is named after Bert Wright, one of the the club’s founder members who played in their first ever game in September 1960.
4. The town itself dates back to the early 13th Century and shares it’s name with Potter’s Bar, a former settlement and mining camp in Butte County, California.
5. Storm Thorgerson, a graphic designer and music video director who worked with Led Zeppelin, Black Sabbath and Muse, amongst others, was born in the Hertfordshire Town.