Jesse Starkey has gone back on his decision to leave Worthing - just a couple of weeks after his departure was announced.
A club statement earlier this month revealed the former Chelsea and Brighton & Hove Albion youth product had left Woodside Road but Starkey was in the stands as Worthing were put out of the FA Cup at Ebbsfleet United on Saturday with his return confirmed.
Boss Adam Hinshelwood revealed Starkey took part in a training session last Thursday and is back in contention ahead of the club’s FA Trophy tie at rivals Burgess Hill this weekend.
Hinshelwood said: “Jesse trained with us last week and has said he overreacted after not being involved against Moneyfields. Jesse gives us an extra option and is someone I’m pleased to have back and available.”